Life has happened. It passed you by with barely a goodbye. A “so long,” and a “see you later,” is all that's left; so much more you could have done with your life. We all have our bucket lists that we wanted to complete in life. Some do more than others, some never even get started. Welcome to Life as it Happened a fictional retelling of those real bucket list items we all hope to complete before our last candle is snuffed. All are welcome to join in and contribute the stories of how they think their experiences would go. I'm your host, Marc Sakol, and I'm here to say “Hello” before Father Time says, “Goodbye.”


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

By "Absolute" Marc Sakol

Item #35: Live without Inhibitions

Date completed: Incomplete


I feel hesitant to talk about this, as I try to live each day to the fullest. After my accident a few years back, you know the one, I've made at least an attempt to spend each day as if it was my last. I say what I mean and mean what I say. I hold no objections to telling a kid to shut the hell up in front of his mother. When I'm at a party, I don't need alcohol to drop my pants and give everyone a good laugh. In my own little way, I already live my life without the restrictions that inhibitions force on the common folk.


To say that I truly live without any inhibition though wouldn't be correct. I understand the limits that society will allow, which lines can and can't be crossed. Last thing I need is the police showing up at my door. I question the plausibility of the idea. Can man live his life without any regret of consequence. Unfortunately, unless I don't mind losing my job, angering my friends and losing the love of my life, I don't think I'll ever find out. Perhaps later in life, I'll discover what it is to live. For now though, I feel I can only sigh and yield the floor to my good friend from the future.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *


Item #35: Live without Inhibitions for 24 hours

Date Completed: Now.


I finished it. My partner in this performance blog reminded me to write without inhibitions, so I did.



[note: I apologize to everyone reading. Marc is in fact living his life without consequence, as a result he seems to be taking every suggestion as literal. I didn't tell him to elaborate on his accomplishment, so he didn't. Unfortunately, I also didn't tell him to use proper spelling and grammar, as most of you saw in the post before I had the chance to edit it.

I guess since I have the floor, I'll elaborate his accomplishment. Today is January 2, 2016, Marc's 30th birthday. Apparently, to the surprise of everyone, Marc made the conscious decision to work on this section of his bucket list today. When we asked him 'why?' he replied with a rather simple, 'dunno, seemed like the fun thing to do.”


As of now, we've been kicked out of three separate buildings for Marc's... antics. At the mall, his girlfriend this week started throwing a fit when Marc decided to look at another woman. So, Marc dumped her, right there. One trip through security later, Marc and I were banned from the mall for the rest of the day. At lunch, Marc decided to tell a rude waitress, what was really on his mind. Marc is probably lucky that he isn't being slapped with a sexual harassment suit. I still can't believe he slapped her ass. The worst was at the Pet Store to get food for Boris, my dog. There was this one woman there, she was a little oddly shaped to say the least. Marc must have thought it was funny when he asked her if she had swallowed three dwarfs to get the shape she was. When we finally got her dog off of him, he was asked to leave.


We're back at the apartment now, Marc is off playing some games with the other guys. That's probably why I hear screaming coming from the other room. I better go stop him before he gets shanked or something.

Signing off,

Zach]

No comments:

Post a Comment