Life has happened. It passed you by with barely a goodbye. A “so long,” and a “see you later,” is all that's left; so much more you could have done with your life. We all have our bucket lists that we wanted to complete in life. Some do more than others, some never even get started. Welcome to Life as it Happened a fictional retelling of those real bucket list items we all hope to complete before our last candle is snuffed. All are welcome to join in and contribute the stories of how they think their experiences would go. I'm your host, Marc Sakol, and I'm here to say “Hello” before Father Time says, “Goodbye.”


Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tank!!

By “Absolute” Marc Sakol

Item #11: Blow up a Tank

date completed: February 12, 2022


Shit. That was friggen awesome. Listen, I can't even begin to describe what this feels like right now.

Seriously. I'm on my way to the hospital right now [Note: this is being dictated -Zach “Dictation bitch” Lome {note in note: Marc added the “Dictation bitch”-Zach}] I just... I just blew up a tank!


Today started pretty normal. (Zach and I) are currently are on an undisclosed location, we aren't allowed to say where. I buddy of mine gave us a call up and told us about what was up. Some rich friend of his got a hold of some decommissioned army surplus, no questions asked. So of course we jumped on it.


There it was, the mother-load. We climbed around and played with the controls for a bit. We had a few war games, using water hoses of course.


As the night went on, our host for the evening brought out the big guns. A couple of scary looking RPG's. There weren't enough for all of us so we drew straws. Zach here was being a puss, so he stood out. The winners would each get one shot at the tank with his/her RPG. I got lucky number 4. The first guy totally choked and missed. The second and third guys got good shots at the treads, but no real damage. I was up. I made the totally awesome [note: incredibly stupid] decision to aim my RPG into the tank's cannon turret. It obviously required me to get a little close to the target, but damn what a result. My ears are still ringing from the blast. Which probably sucks for Mr. I told you so over there, as I'm probably yelling this at him right now. Anyways, the ambulance guy here is yelling something at me, so I think I have to cut this short. I just wanted to let you all know that I managed to finish item 11 on my list!

[note: Marc's going to be out of commission for awhile, he's got a couple broken bones but nothing too serious. He got lucky for being that close to the blast. I'll keep you all posted on the site about his recovery.- Zach]



No comments:

Post a Comment